RAGA took shape on Makarasankranti, 2006 as an informal group of people whose primary aim is to appreciate, enjoy and promote the Classical Music of India.
In year 2016, RAGA kicked off the second decade of its service to the community with the successful Sampradaya Competition with sole focus to encourage and recognize classical music talent among children. 3rd Samprdaya event was held this year in 2018. Refer to the Sampradaya page for complete details on the program.
Continue your commitment Raga Club of CT and your appreciation for India Classical Music in any one of the following ways:
- Become a Patron by donating $1000 annually. Patron's picture will be included on the RAGA site under the sponsors section.
- Donate the annual membership amount of $150
- You may also consider donating any amount larger than the annual member amount of $150
- Donations by check - please make checks payable to RAGA Club of CT. Checks can be mailed to: Treasurer, Raga Club of CT, 44 GreenView Terr, Middletown, CT 06457
You may enquire about your workplace policy regarding matching funds. If your organization has such a program, please be sure to fill the appropriate form at your workplace and RAGA will then receive an additional contribution from you indirectly.
Raga Music concerts - Ticket policy:
- RAGA member and 3 more persons from immediate family (spouse and two additional immediate family members) are allowed free to RAGA concerts. Co-sponsored concerts and special concerts may have different ticketing arrangements.
- Other guests accompanying a RAGA member should buy tickets at $25 per person
- Non-Raga Members - suggested donation $25 per person
RAGA is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Tax ID: 263184239). All your donations are tax deductible. You may donate to RAGA right here, using your credit card, by clicking on the picture of Goddess Saraswati below.
|<< CLICK on the image of Goddess Saraswathi to donate to Raga Club or renew RAGA Membership
2018 Music Concerts
Upcoming Fall 2018 Concerts:
September 30, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: R. Suryaprakash - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by V V Ravi - Violin, Trivandrum Balaji - Mridangam, Dr. S. Karthick - Ghatam. Venue: CVHTS Auditorium, 11 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT [Concert Flyer - Link]
|R. Suryaprakash - Vocal||V V Ravi - Violin||Trivandrum Balaji - Mridangam||Dr. S Karthick - Ghatam|
October 13, 2018 (Saturday) 8 PM: Dr. S Sowmya - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by Embar S Kannan - Violin, Poongulam Subramaniam - Mridangam. Wesleyan Navarathri special concert co-sponsored by Raga Club of Connecticut. Venue: Wesleyan Univeristy Crowell Auditorium, Middletown CT. Raga members are entitled to one free ticket and up to 3 additional tickets at concessional rate of $10. [Concert Flyer - Link]
|Dr S Sowmya - Vocal||Embar S Kannan - Violin||Poongulam Subramaniam - Mridangam|
Spring 2018 Concerts (Past):
Venue for all Concerts: CVHTS Auditorium, 11 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT
|Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath - Vocal||Trivandrum N Sampath - Violin||Delhi Sairam - Mridangam|
|Sangeetha Swaminathan - Vocal||Kalyan Gopalakrishnan - Violin||Kavichelvan - Mridangam|
|Rithvik Raja - Vocal||M Rajeev - Violin||Praveen Sparsh - Mridangam||Anirudh Athreya - Kanjira|
|Rajeshwari Satish - Vocal||Radhika Mani - Violin||Praveen Sitaram - Mridangam|
|Board Chair||Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan|
|President||Shri. Vir Gopalanemail@example.com|
|Secretary||Shri. Badri Narayananfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Shri. Murthy Mamidannaemail@example.com|
|Stay connected with Raga Club of CT|