RAGA took shape on Makarasankranti, 2006 as an informal group of people whose primary aim is to appreciate, enjoy and promote the Classical Music of India.
RAGA kicked off the second decade of its service to the community with the successful Sampradaya Competition with sole focus to encourage and recognize classical music talent among children. For Samprdaya 2018 announcements and registration, refer to the Sampradaya page.
Sampradaya 2017 - Competition Results - Click Here
Continue your commitment Raga Club of CT and your appreciation for India Classical Music in any one of the following ways:
- Become a Patron by donating $1000 annually. Patron's picture will be included on the RAGA site under the sponsors section.
- Donate the annual membership amount of $150
- You may also consider donating any amount larger than the annual member amount of $150
- Donations by check - please make checks payable to RAGA Club of CT. Checks can be mailed to: Treasurer, Raga Club of CT, 44 GreenView Terr, Middletown, CT 06457
You may enquire about your workplace policy regarding matching funds. If your organization has such a program, please be sure to fill the appropriate form at your workplace and RAGA will then receive an additional contribution from you indirectly.
Raga Music concerts - Ticket policy:
- RAGA member and 3 more persons from immediate family (spouse and two additional immediate family members) are allowed free to RAGA concerts. Co-sponsored concerts and special concerts may have different ticketing arrangements.
- Other guests accompanying a RAGA member should buy tickets at $25 per person
- Non-Raga Members - suggested donation $25 per person
RAGA is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization (Tax ID: 263184239). All your donations are tax deductible. You may donate to RAGA right here, using your credit card, by clicking on the picture of Goddess Saraswati below.
|<< CLICK on the image of Goddess Saraswathi to donate to Raga Club or renew RAGA Membership
2018 Music Concerts
[2018 Concerts confirmed so far are updated on this page. Watch this space for further updates on 2018 concert schedule. If you can any suggestions regarding artists send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Venue for all Concerts: CVHTS Auditorium, 11 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT
April 08, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by Trivandrum N Sampath - Violin, Delhi Sairam - Mridangam [Concert Flyer - Link]
|Aishwarya Vidhya Raghunath - Vocal||Trivandrum N Sampath - Violin||Delhi Sairam - Mridangam|
April 22, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: T.V. Sankaranarayanan - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by K L Dileep - Violin, V.S. Raghavan - Mridangam [Concert Flyer - Link]
|T V Sankaranarayanan - Vocal||K L Dileep - Violin||V S Raghavan - Mridangam|
May 20, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Hindustani Concert Taal Vaadya Gaan: Sameehan Kashalkar - Hindustani Vocal, Sarwar Hussain - Sarangi, Ramendra Singh Solanki - Tabla, Sukhad Munde - Pakhawaj [Concert Flyer - Link]
|Sameehan Kashalkar - Vocal||Sarwar Hussain - Sarangi||Ramendra Singh - Tabla||Sukhad Munde - Pakhawaj|
June 03, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Rithvik Raja - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by M Rajeev - Violin, Praveen Sparsh - Mridangam, Anirudh Athreya - Kanjira [Concert Flyer - Link]
|Rithvik Raja - Vocal||M Rajeev - Violin||Praveen Sparsh - Mridangam||Anirudh Athreya - Kanjira|
June 17, 2018 (Sunday) 4 PM: Rajeshwari Satish - Carnatic Vocal Concert, accompanied by Radhika Mani - Violin, Praveen Sitaram - Mridangam [Concert Flyer - Link]
|Rajeshwari Satish - Vocal||Radhika Mani - Violin||Praveen Sitaram - Mridangam|
|Board Chair||Dr. Sheenu Srinivasan|
|President||Shri. Vir Gopalanemail@example.com|
|Secretary||Shri. Badri Narayananfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Treasurer||Shri. Murthy Mamidannaemail@example.com|
|Stay connected with Raga Club of CT|